Can you wear liquid glitter eyeshadow at any age?
Posted on 09 June 2021
Glitter (aka: sparkle, shine, all-round pizzazz). When something’s as magnificent as glitter, it’s only right to have multiple ways to describe it. What’s not right, is the so-called wisdom that people over a certain age shouldn’t indulge.
But where’s the sense in that? Mature skin needs a dose of magnificence as much as any other skin. And where better to make a glittery statement than on your eyes?
Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow from Stila creates lavish lids in the blink of an eye. We’re talking full-on, grown-up glamour that suits all ages, all styles and all budgets.
And because it’s liquid glitter eyeshadow, it won’t shift or crease over the course of the day. It’s also super simple to apply. Start with a neutral base shadow to act as a primer and apply a coat of glitter along the lash line – or over the entire lid for a more dramatic evening look.
Accentuating your eyes with glitter doesn’t have to stop in your 20s. You just need a bit of know-how. Here are five eye makeup tips for mature eyes:
- Stick with liquid glitter eyeshadow or cream eyeshadow as they’re more hydrating and give a smooth finish.
- Think about your eye shape. Hooded eyes look best with just a light sweep of shadow; almond-shaped eyes can take a more generous application.
- Use a soft eyeliner pencil first and apply shadow over the top to create a more subtle effect.
- Go all out on your lashes. That means curling them, using mascara with maximum staying power, or opting for false lashes.
- Glittery eyes don’t need bold lips. Opt for one or the other, not both.
Just as animal print is a fashion neutral, let’s make a case for liquid glitter eyeshadow to be a style neutral, too. With ten shades to choose from in the Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow range, it’s time to create your own gorgeous, glittery gaze.